Message from the CEO
“SenzaGen continues to enjoy strong commercial growth and achieved key successes as a company in the first six months of the year. Our innovative GARD® technology was validated by an independent group of international experts in the summer, making it the first genomic based test to achieve stand-alone status for identifying skin allergens. We broadened our lab operations in line with our strategy by adding more non-animal tests. This creates new opportunities for accelerated sales growth. I would like to thank my predecessor Axel Sjöblad for his excellent work as CEO that made these successes possible, thus creating a stable platform for continuing growth. We will further expand our lab operations in non-animal skin toxicology as soon as this fall, both by launching more tests and by pursuing supplementary mergers and acquisitions, which is a key part of our growth strategy.”
Peter Nählstedt, CEO
Half year 1 January–30 June
- Net sales totaled SEK 5,015 (3,830) thousand.
- The operating loss was SEK -13,995 (-12,929) thousand.
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.65 (-0.60).
- Cash and cash equivalents at 30 June amounted to SEK 75,571 (101,536) thousand.
Significant events during the first half year
- Lab operations were broadened within in vitro skin toxicology.
- SenzaGen received an SEK 0.6 million GARD® order from a new European customer in the chemicals industry.
- Collaboration with RIFM on the safe use of fragrances with GARD®skin Dose-Response was expanded with an SEK 1.2 million grant.
- The global collaboration agreement with Charles River Laboratories was renewed and expanded.
Significant events after the end of the period
- Peter Nählstedt was appointed CEO.
- A very positive opinion on GARD®skin from ESAC experts paves the way for OECD validation.
- An SEK 0.65 million order for GARD®skin Dose-Response was secured from one of the world’s largest cosmetics companies.
- An SEK 0.65 million order for skin allergy and irritation tests was received from a global consumer products company.
SenzaGen is pleased to invite press and investors to a conference call on Thursday, August 19 at 10:30 CEST where CEO Peter Nählstedt will comment on SenzaGen’s 2021 half-year results. The conference call, which will be held in English, will begin with a presentation of the report followed by a Q&A session.
Phone number for the conference
To participate in the conference call, use the dial-in numbers below.