Message from the CEO
”Despite operating in a time when the ordering and purchasing processes of our customers have been significantly influenced by COVID-19, our sales increased in the first six months of 2020 to SEK 3.8 million, representing a more than double year-on-year increase and one million higher than our entire 2019 sales. With a focused sales organization and more potential customers evaluating our tests, we are in a great position to continue developing as a commercial enterprise despite the current external challenges. I believe that we have passed the test of transitioning to the "new normal" with flying colors and that we will be able to keep up the same fast pace when working on our strategic initiatives in the fall.”
Axel Sjöblad, CEO
Half year 1 January–30 June
- Net sales totaled SEK 3.8 (1.7) million.
- The operating loss was SEK -12.9 (-15.2) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.60 (-0.97).
- Cash and cash equivalents at 30 June amounted to SEK 101.5 (41.9) million.
Significant events during the first half year
- A new global customer ordered tests for a cumulative value of SEK 1.2 million.
- SenzaGen received an order worth SEK 0.5 million from a world-leading raw material supplier.
- SenzaGen received GLP approval.
- SenzaGen and XCellR8 expanded their collaboration to offer GARD®skin Animal Product-Free.
- SenzaGen and US Research Institute for Fragrance Materials (RIFM) signed a collaboration agreement to develop next-generation tests for photosensitization.
Significant events after the end of the period
- SenzaGen signed a distribution agreement with Danske Teknologisk Institut (DTI) in Denmark.
SenzaGen is pleased to invite press and investors to a conference call on Thursday, August 20 at 9:30 CEST where CEO Axel Sjöblad will comment on SenzaGen’s 2020 half-year results. The conference call, which will be held in English, will begin with a presentation of the report followed by a Q&A session.
Phone number for conference call
To participate in the conference call, use the dial-in numbers below.