Message from the CEO
“In the first half year, the Company delivered exceptionally strong growth with record-high orders and we achieved a key breakthrough for our technology with the OECD approval of GARD®skin. We also secured new patents, delivered intra-Group revenue synergies and kicked off development projects for the next generation of non-animal testing. With the OECD approval in hand, we expect increased demand for our GARD® tests. As a result, we are now adding more operational capacity to be able to sell and perform more tests. I am very proud to lead this successful team and to deliver non-animal tests with new technology to the world’s leading medical device, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and cosmetics companies.”
Peter Nählstedt, President and CEO
Half year 1 January–30 June
- Net sales totaled SEK 19.9 (5.0) million.
- The operating loss was SEK -13.7 (-14.0) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.56 (-0.65).
- Cash and cash equivalents at 30 June amounted to SEK 49.0 (75.6) million.
Significant events during the first half year
- SenzaGen obtained OECD approval for GARD®skin – a breakthrough providing access to significantly larger markets, which creates prospects for increased sales.
- SenzaGen secured its largest order for non-animal testing with GARD®skin Dose-Response valued at SEK 4.3 million.
- SenzaGen received a follow-on order for GARD®skin and GARD®potency valued at SEK 0.7 million from a global US-based world leader in chemicals.
- SenzaGen received another order from RIFM for non-animal photosensitization testing with GARD®skin Dose-Response worth SEK 1.5 million.
- SenzaGen broadened its non-animal offering for medical devices with more tests and toxicology consulting services, establishing itself deeper in the market and realizing acquisition synergies.
Significant events after the end of the period
- SenzaGen performs its largest test order for GARD®skin to date – valued at approximately SEK 1 million.
SenzaGen is pleased to invite press and investors to a livestream presentation at 16:00 on August 18. The presentation will be given by SenzaGen’s President and CEO Peter Nählstedt, followed by a Q&A session moderated by Redeye's analyst Gustaf Meyer. The presentation will be held in English.
Time: Thursday August 18, 16:00–17:00 CEST.
Link to the livestream: https://www.redeye.se/events/849492/live-q-senzagen
The presentation can be watched afterwards at SenzaGen’s website: https://senzagen.com/investors/presentations/